Your Personal Statement: Review & Feedback
If you have already written your personal statement and would like it to be checked by a doctor before you submit it to UCAS, you can upload it here for review. I will provide feedback such as advice about:
- Spelling and grammar
- Corrections to sentence structure
- Re-ordering sentences so that your writing flows and is easy to read and understand
- Making your personal statement compelling and interesting
- What the admissions tutors are looking for
- Reflecting on your work experience/voluntary work/employment/hobbies/achievements
- Reducing the character count if it is above the limit
- General suggestions to improve.
These suggestions will be added as comments in the margin so that you can easily see what changes I recommend. Please note that I cannot re-write your personal statement for you, however I can make suggestions to help you strengthen your personal statement draft to increase your chances of being invited to interview.
I aim to review your personal statement and return it to you with feedback within 72 hours. However, during busy periods this may be longer so please allow for this when you send us your personal statement.
Personal statement reviews leading up to the UCAS deadline
You will not be able to send your personal statement to us for review after 12th October. This is to allow time for the review service and for you to then submit the final version to UCAS before their deadline. However, I would urge you to send your personal statement for review earlier than this because the lead up to the UCAS deadline is likely to be a busier time.