My name is Dr Stephanie Ekins, and I’m a Junior Doctor working in the South East of England. I created How To Get Into Medical School to give students all the information, resources, guidance and advice that is needed to make a successful application to study Medicine in one online package.
I studied at Brighton & Sussex Medical School from 2012 until 2017. As a student there I was given the opportunity to become part of one the teams of interviewers during the 2015 admission cycle. This gave me a better understanding about what admissions tutors and interviewers are looking for – when compounded with my relatively recent experience of applying to Medical School myself, this puts me in a good position to help new students who are currently applying to study Medicine.
When I was going through the application process myself, I applied to Brighton & Sussex, Nottingham, Leicester and East Anglia. I was invited to interview at all four of these Medical Schools and was given offers from three of them after interview.
I’ve collected all of my knowledge and advice together with up-to-date information about each Medical School to create and continually update this website, How To Get Into Medical School, to save you time and significantly increase your chances of achieving your dream of receiving an offer from Medical School.
If you’re planning on applying to Medicine in the future, or you have already started your application…
- Read the latest articles to help you with each stage of the application process
- Sign up for free access to the member’s area, where you can download guides with even more information and tips
- Register to join the online course, Medical School Interview Success. You will get access to in-depth videos as soon as they are created and will also be invited into a private group where you can ask questions and get live support from myself and other like-minded students
- Book a slot to hop on a call with me to draft ideas for your Personal Statement if you’re feeling stuck
- Submit your Personal Statement for review to get lots of feedback and suggestions to improve your application
- Book a mock interview (booking opens from the end of October) with written feedback sent within 24 hours
- Follow How To Get Into Medical School on Instagram and Facebook to stay in the loop and ensure that you don’t miss any new articles